Leading a Body Positive Revolution since 2003!
Since 2003, Sandy has lead a quiet revolution that has encouraged the yoga mat to be a place accessible to everyone!
Join her in celebrating the beauty and all the life that is available to each of us to enjoy.
Hear from Sandy
“I am proud to be a curvy yoga teacher for 10 years, a member of Yoga Alliance, a chemical dependency counselor and a new leader for Y12SR yoga classes. But that is what is on my resume.
Here is why I do what I do. Many years ago when I was first in college, I “had” to take a fitness class and I choose yoga. Or as I like to say, yoga choose me that day. I had never felt so much joy as when I was in movement with breath. I realized though that there were no classes for “curvy” people. Even in my yoga teacher training, many people didn’t know how to help me with the poses. I knew then that there needed to be a class “for the rest of us!”.
Add in that during this major transformation for me, I was beginning my journey in recovery from drugs and alcohol. During those difficult days, the mat was the only place that made sense for me. I HAD to find a way to stay on the mat.
Fast forward to today. I have taught hundreds of people and they have reported learning to love the body that they are in! Many have gone on to other fitness or yoga traditions, taking all they learned in my class with them. I have chosen to join with and be mentored by people like Anna Guest Jelley ( Curvy Yoga) , Rachael Baxter Cook ( Yogipenuer), and Nikki Myers ( Y12SR). By joining these amazing mentors, I give my gift of education and talent to them and their wisdom makes me a better teacher.
Today my gift is to share hope and joy of healing and recovery in a 360 format with all who seek a new life. May we find that and each other on the road to destiny! Namaste.”
Testimonials of people who have learned yoga from Sandy!
- “I was resistant midway- I am now interested and will continue.”
- “Another way to relax, clean my mind and focus on myself.”
- “It is the most wonderful time, finding inner peace. Stretching and finding balance, I encourage everyone to do it.”
- “I have never done yoga before this, but it was better than I expected it to be.”
- “One of the best parts of my day.”
- “Great for mind, body and soul. Gets blood flowing.”
- “Do it to the best of your ability and find how much better your balance and fitness improve weekly.”
- “It was amazing and rejuvenating. I loved every minute of it.”
- “Changed my view on what yoga was, having never done it before.”
- “Love it.”
- “That it is a very important tool in recovery. I am planning on doing it from now on.”
- “Really helpful with centering yourself and helping with anxiety.”
- “Don’t knock it until you try it! Real men do yoga and Sandy is Amazing!